Please ensure that you read, understand and accept Marbella Rent a Bike’s Terms and Conditions of Rental as no exception will be made to these.
1. Marbella Rent a Bike rents bikes only with prior booking. Rental day period starts at 9:30 h and ends at 18:00 h. Overnight rentals can be agreed with Marbella Rent a Bike.
2. The rented equipment can be delivered and collected to/from the customer’s hotel or accommodation or any other place previously appointed. Delivery and pick‐up of bicycles can be requested from Gibraltar in West until Malaga Airport in East. Delivery and pick up will carry a charge pre‐set by Marbella Rent a Bike. Rented bicycles can also be picked up and returned to Marbella Rent a Bike’s premises in Nueva Andalucia by clients as long as the client can provide a secure transport method previously approved by Marbella Rent a Bike.
3. The bicycles will be delivered and picked up on the day and time according to the booking or rental agreement. Customer delays, both on delivery and pick up of bikes, without notifying Marbella Rent a Bike, will result in an additional charge of 10€ if delivery & pick up service must be re‐programmed plus the corresponding delivery and pick up charge.
4. At the end of the rental period the customer must return the bicycles to a Marbella Rent a Bike representative.
5. The client acknowledges that Marbella Rent a Bike will do its best to deliver and pick up from locations at agreed upon times, but force majeure or other exceptional circumstances (unusual traffic en route to drop‐off or delivery) may cause delays. The client agrees to adhere to delivery and pick‐up times themselves and authorize Marbella Rent a Bike to charge their credit card if meeting times are not met and additional expenses are incurred due to renter lateness (i.e. staff time, highway tolls etc). If there are changes to the pick‐up location or time once the rental has started this must be communicated by confirmed email or direct telephone contact at least 24 hours before the bicycles are due to return to Marbella Rent a Bike
RESERVATION, PAYMENT, DEPOSIT AND CANCELATION
6. Bike reservations must be done with enough anticipation in order for Marbella Rent a Bike to confirm availability, however if the customer needs a bike on the same day he/she may call (+34 628 174 930) to check for availability. Advance reservations of bicycles can be made online or by emailing to email@example.com.
7. Method of payment: Credit/Debit card ‐ Payment for the rented items is required to be made in full prior to delivery. The reservation is only confirmed once Marbella Rent a Bike has confirmed receipt of the payment via E‐mail.
9. On delivery of the bike/s the customer must read, accept and sign the rental agreement. The customer will be asked for his/her passport details along with credit card details as a guarantee deposit for the rented equipment. At the end of the rental period, the customer accepts the charges for any damages caused and/or missing or broken items, at market prices which will be charged to their credit card. The deposit will be refunded in full if the rented equipment is returned in the same condition it was procured. If the missing or broken items exceed the deposit amount, the customer must settle the balance.
10. Cancelations without charge are only admitted 30 working days before the programmed delivery time. Cancellations made within 30 working days of the delivery date are charged in full. Reservation no shows are charged in full, and considered non‐refundable. Exceptions to this policy cannot be made for any reason.
11. No refund or credit will be made, for any given reason, for cancelations within 30 working days from the start date of the rental; early return of the bicycles or for cancelations of guided training rides. The client understands and accepts that Marbella Rent a Bike is not responsible for the client’s personal circumstances, sicknesses, weather conditions or any event outside of Marbella Rent a Bike’s direct control nor force majeure and can therefore not accept refund or credit requests made by the client for any of the above reasons. Exceptions to this policy cannot be made for any reason.
RENTAL EQUIPMENT – Please treat our bikes as you would your own!
12. Marbella Rent a Bike confirms that all its bicycles are presented to customers in an immaculate working order, set up by professional mechanics and whilst Marbella Rent a Bike accept general wear and tear during hire, any rental equipment returned with excessive cleaning needs, where the bike will need to be taken apart, will incur a 40€ charge to the client.
13. The rented bicycles and equipment may only be used by the designated customer and the members of his/her party as mentioned in the Rental Contract.
14. The customer is obliged to take good care of the rented equipment and to protect it from damage, loss or theft. In case of damage, loss or theft of the bicycle/s, components or any of its parts, Marbella Rent a Bike will charge the customer the full cost of the damages caused or missing items at market prices.
15. In case of emergency, Marbella Rent a Bike can assist clients in recovery of their person and/or the rental equipment. This service will incur a charge of 2€ per total kilometres during weekdays and 3€ per total kilometres during weekends and bank holidays. The total kilometres are calculated based on the starting and end point being the Marbella Rent a Bike shop.
16. Bikes for Urban use are rented with a high security lock and the customer is obliged to lock the bicycle/s properly at all times when unattended, passing the lock through the frame and attaching the bike(s) to something fixed to the ground like a post or fence, if allowed, or else, a bicycle parking. It is highly recommended to keep the bikes secured at all times especially during over‐night rentals. Racing and mountain bikes will not be provided with locks as the customer is NOT to leave the bikes unattended under any circumstances.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
17. Marbella Rent a Bike has procured itself with proper third party liability insurance coverage of the bicycle rental activity. Marbella Rent a Bike is not responsible for injury or damages caused to/by the client during the hire period.
18. The customer is responsible for adequate personal insurance coverage for risks that may occur during the rental period. Marbella Rent a Bike is not liable for any claims for body injury or harm, accidents or loss of personal belonging caused by weather, sickness, or any other causes whatsoever beyond the control of Marbella Rent a Bike.
19. The customer and his/her group must respect Spanish traffic regulations. Any ticket or fine due to incorrect use of the bicycle will be completely assumed by the customer.
20. The information the customer provides is protected by organic law 15/1999 of 13th December regarding the protection of personal data.
21. Exclusive place of jurisdiction shall be Marbella, Spain. This contract shall be governed by Spanish law.